Thursday, June 04, 2009

Pickled Tink & "Mammarazzi" photo classes!

I have been SOOOOOOO excited to finally blog about this! My friend, Emily, is opening up a Boutique/Studio in Reno where you can go to find your inner creativity. Not only do they offer tons of sweet classes for you to create things (like vintage aprons, jewelry, spa wraps, clipboards, wrag rugs and birdhouses-see pics on their blog) but you can also purchase those things as well.
AND AND AND... I am one of the teachers there so I will be teaching a "Mammarazzi" class there to teach you how to take better photos of your children (or grandchildren). The first class will be on June 20th at 1 pm and will be $45 each. Check out their site for more details.

And of course I had to take some shots of the Boutique/Studio. Check it out! It is insanely cute there!


Serious eye candy.
Beautiful spa wraps.
Gorgeous handmade handbags.
Scrapbookers heaven!
Some of the aprons you can make (or buy)!
The fabrics they are sell are so fun & funky!

To die for bird houses!The Boutique part.

The gorgeous Emily, one of the owners.

Meg, the other owner and birdhouse extraordinairre! All of the incredibly talented teachers (except me since I took the pic)
I'm one of the teachers! For those of you that know me, (pathetically) this picture is totally me..such a dork ;0)

What is the name of your business?
Pickled Tink Studio & Boutique

How did you come up with that name?
It was the name of my Grandfather’s boat
How long have you been doing this?
Our store opens today!!!
Please explain a little bit about your product/business and how you developed the concept behind it:
We have a studio where we teach classes such as sewing, jewelry, birdhouses, etc. It is also a boutique where we sell local artist’s work. It is a place where women can express their artistic side.
What makes your product/business so unique?
We offer a place where women can come together, take a class, and be encouraged to find their creative side. There is nothing like Pickled Tink in our area.
Do you have a store/website?
Store-front location: 39 E. Taylor St. Reno, NV 89501
What is the hardest part or have been some of your struggles starting your own business?
We started with an old rental house and had a much smaller overall plan of what Pickled Tink would be. Initially we thought it would take much less time to re-do and turn the building into our vision. Two months turned into seven, but we couldn’t be happier with the way it has come together.
How do you balance your business and your family?
My family is amazing and has been so supportive. I could not have done this without them. I know they all can’t wait for it to open so life can become somewhat normal again.What are some of your short and long term goals with your business? Short term we would like to have fun and get our name out. Our long term goal is to keep it simple and not lose sight of our initial purpose with all of this, to help women find their creative side.

Thanks Emily! So you guys gotta go check it out! It's total eye-candy and the Grand Opening is TODAY!

1 comment:

Karen said...

What FUN! I wish I live in Reno:(