Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What's on MY wall?






For Christmas I asked for 3 BIG 20x24 Canvas Wraps to go over my couch. Our house is a charming home built in the 50's so I am decorating my living room with a vintage feel to it. Therefore, the images I chose of my kiddos Very Vintage (see my Very Vintage Gallery on my website to get a feel for this style). I wanted Canvases because I love the texture and look of them. I created them as Word Wraps (these are a new add-on to my Canvas Wraps this year!) with nicknames of my children etc. It really made them more sentimental to me.
I am still not the best at interior decorating so go easy on me. I am not sure how I feel about my green couches and my red wall (hey, they ARE complimentary colors) but I wanted a warm feel to my home and my couches are the most comfortable thing in the world so I can't get rid of them (even though they are a bit beat up).

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow! Those are spectacular! I have never seen a canvas wrap with the words on the edges like that. Those are amazing.

I love the red wall and green couch, by the way.

Deene Souza Photography said...

Oh Kelli! I LOVE IT! Keep the red wall and the couch! You'll feel cozy all year and super festive at Christmas time! AWESOME! And how did you do the sides of those canvases. That is spectacular. Are they templates?

Anonymous said...

For an old house you guys have sure made the best of it. Love the nicknames on the frames, looks like its just random lettering but holds a deeper meaning. All these photos are great. PS Had a girl at the clinic doing photography in school, told her to look up the .com site. Just in case you get some random contact. Big Jake

Jill and David Dalling said...

Hey sis, I love the red wall, and the pictures, when I have kids I am for sure getting some canvas pics. I agree with you love the texture they add to a pic. Great job. Love ya.

melissa t. said...

love it. looks beautiful.

Angie Monson said...

Those are so cute, how did you get the wording to fit perfectly on the side of the canvas? Did you take that simply canvas class?

Toni said...

These are amazing! I really like your style and really love the red wall and couch. Those canvas wraps are fantastic!

The Lassen Family said...

Your photography talent completely amazes me! To think that "I knew her when"... Seriously wish I knew someone in your neck of the woods to send that way. Your house is beautiful also and I love your photo backdrops :)