Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mom-preneur: Salon Chocolat

You know you are a bad blogger when your sister calls you and asks if everything is okay because you haven't posted on your blog in a while. Yep, Ash (and everyone else), everything is fine. I just had sick kids for the past week and a half that have kept me from my regular routine.

So today, I wanted to do another blog feature on a local Mom-preneur. I have had lots of interest in the Mom-Preneur thing so I will probably continue to feature them each month.

Sarah Zeron is the owner of a rockin' salon here in dowtown Carson City, Salon Chocolat. She recently relocated and let me tell you, her salon is TO DIE FOR!!! When I peeked in the windows before it had officially opened, I gasped in awe. It's gorgeous! Oh and not only is it gorgeous but they are uber talented at hair! Check out some of the pics I took of the salon AND a picture of me (from Chuck E. Cheese's-LOL!) with my new haircut by Sarah (that I LOOOOVE):
















What is the name of your business?
Salon Chocolat
How did you come up with that name?
Who doesn't Love Beauty and Chocolate? The two seamed to fit.

How long have you been doing this?
I have been doing hair for 10 years.

Please explain a little bit about your product/business and how you developed the concept behind it:
My business is a beauty salon, the concept would be making people feel and look beautiful all day long.

What makes your product/business so unique?
What makes my salon unique is that you are able to indulge yourself in beauty and chocolate. We also offer a full Color Bar where client can watch us customize their hair color and know that what we do just does'nt come out of a bottle--that we actually can formulate hair color to each persons needs. Also, there is a Lather Lounge were we turn the experience of a simple shampoo to the luxury of a spa treatment. Skin services are available and our special Berry Chocolate facial will indulge anyone.
Do you have a store-front/ website/ etsy?
Store-front location: 177 west Proctor St (in the heart of Downtown Carson City) www.salonchocolat.com

What is the hardest part or have been some of your struggles starting your own business?
The hardest part about starting my own business is finding the money to do it and the right people to work with. This is still an ongoing struggle for me.

How do you balance your business and your family?
Right now it is extremely difficult. I work it out so that while they are in school I can get most of my work done. I do have to spend a couple of nights and saturdays at work but my husband is very supportive. As far as short term goals for my business, I just hope that I can survive these tough economic times. I hope that I can find a couple more hairdressers that share my passion for hair. Right know I'm taking it month to month. So far so good.

As far as my long term goals for my business go, I hope that God can grant me the grace to keep doing what I love and stay in this beautiful salon that He helped me build. I would love to be able to have enough clients and support from the community to expand to a retail clothing store as well. We'll just have to wait for that. If I can find some passionate people to work and help me indulge Carson City and abroad with Beauty and Chocolate that would be enough for me.

Thanks Sarah!

1 comment:

Gretchen Nishitani Photography said...

Absolutley fab!! I'm going to tell all my CC girls to go!