Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mom-preneurs











Since January is my official "Mom Month," I will be featuring several local Moms who, like me, who like me, created their own business out of a great idea or by doing something they LOVE to do. I will be interviewing these inspirational women in their blog feature.

Our first Mom-preneur, Carrie, is the owner of Cadillac Cowgirl. We both had booths at the Candy Dance which is where I fell in love with her jewelry and purses. Check out her interview below:

What is the name of your business?
Cadillac Cowgirl Co.

How did you come up with that name?
Well..... Cadillac represents a "fancy/classy" type of a car, therefore saying that a cadillac cowgirl is a real cowgirl with fancy and classy taste.


How long have you been doing this?
One year.

Please explain a little bit about your product/business and how you developed the concept behind it:
I make/design cowgirl necklaces. It's really hard to find cute and sassy cowgirl stuff in this area, so I started making my own.


What makes your product/business so unique?
My jewelry is funky, fun, and one of a kind.


Do you have a store-front/ website/ etsy?
I do not have a store front ( I did have a booth at the candy dance in Genoa, NV). I operate by word of mouth and through my website: http://www.cadillaccowgirlco.com/

What is the hardest part or have been some of your struggles starting your own business?
I have had to learn more about technology, being 36 I learned how to type on a type writter in high school.

How do you balance your business and your family?
I have identical twin girls that are 7 and a boy who is 4. The kids like to help me string necklaces, and even like to design their own. I am also a middle school Health/PE teacher.
What are some of your short and long term goals with your business?


Currently I am having fun with this business. I intend to keep this business small while the kids a still little. I am networking and getting my name out to vendors who have booths at rodeos, ropings, and horse shows. I have sold a large portion of my necklaces wholesale to these type s of vendors. I had quite a few of my necklaces for sale at the Cowboy Christmas Show in Las Vegas for the National Finals Rodeo.

Thanks Carrie!

If you are interested in being featured as a Mom-preneur, please email Kelli at francephotography@gmail.com.

No comments: