Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ashlee is gone


So Ashlee is gone and I am sad. I told her she was like my own Mary Poppins. Now I have to go back to functioning on my own. It was nice to always have someone to chat with or leave a kid with or someone that quietly did the dishes without being asked. We did everything together while she was here and now... it's just me and the kiddos. Oh and the part that KILLS me is that the only pictures I took of her are the goofy ones of us two (see post below.) We were so busy taking pictures of everyone else that I neglected to take pictures of her with my kids. Which is why I didn't put one on this post. Oh, I am kicking myself!!!

So since I am a little bummed I thought we could play a game to cheer me up. My friend unofficially tagged me on her blog but this is a little more fun. It's a Memory Tag. Here's how it works:

1. Add a comment on my blog, write about a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next (if you choose to), re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.(Even if you don't want to re-post this on your blog, leave a comment anyway.)

It's that easy. Okay and if there aren't many posts, I'll assume that I'm a LOOOOOOOSER and no one likes me. So COME ON NOW!

P.S. I just ordered this image as a 20x24 canvas wrap because it is one of my favorites pictures that I've taken ever and I can't WAIT for it to get here. I'll post pics once it's on the wall.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, I've got some great memories of you! I'll always remember you taking pictures of our family of course! And I can't forget about a fun date night that we had where we videotaped music videos. I still have the video. Should I put that one up on youtube? We love you guys.

Erin Stones said...

I put this post on my blog last month too- it is fun to read what people remember!
Random- I remember our computer class together at Ricks. I think the professors name was Sister Hansen? Anyway- you were dating Matt at the time and he was not living in Rexburg- in Provo maybe? You kept spending all of the class time emailing with Matt and Sis. Hansen got really mad at you. I just thought it was so funny that she kept getting mad at you- but you just kept on emailing him everyday. The fact that you are now married to Matt and NOT teaching computer skills to kids shows that you were making the better use of your time by emailing him instead of listening to her BORING class. Way to go!

Also, since we didn't get to see each other much growing up I remember every time we did see you that I thought you were definetely the prettiest cousin that I had! That still holds true today! You look so great despite the fact that we have been graduated from high school ten years and have given birth! Sexy lady, keep it up!

P.S. You just get better and better at the photo thing! I still wish we lived closer so you could photo my kiddos!

russia boy said...

I remember one Thornock reunion at the Girl's Home up Mantua Canyon. It was one of those crazy family events where it seems that there are about a zillion kids (which is almsot true in the Thornock case) and the teenagers are just trying to get some peace! I remember we (you, me, JR, Jake, Jared, Jeanette and Erin) were outside one evening trying to come up with a "talent" for the show we were required to participate in. All of the sudden you flipped your black hoody's hood up and started doing this Gangsta' Girl gig that was hilarious. We were all laughing so hard and messing around that when the time came to perform, you, JR and your dad had to save us. I will never forget that. Janeal

Liz R. said...

i remember when you first moved to springville and ran for the student council. we wondered who this brave beautiful girl was with all of the posters everywhere. and the goofy speech when we all had to give speeches.

Heather said...

I have a ton of fun memories...but one that you might have forgotten...You were giving me a ride back to Ricks in your cute little car...was it called a Fiesta? (I can't remember if you were engaged or really close) anyway we got talking so much we ran out of gas and had to stop in this tiny little town in Utah by Tremonton (I can't remember the name but it was cute like honeyville or something). It was such a small town that the gas stations were closed on Sunday and we decided to pray and go to a random house and ask for gas! The nicest family invited us in and gave us gas from there lawn mower and followed us to the nearest gas station in Tremonton to make sure we were ok. Thank goodness for cute Utah families (I'm sure they were LDS). If we were in Boston we would have had to walk home! Anyway...you are the coolest and I feel blessed to call you my sis!

Angela said...

"I'm a Mouth-Breather"! ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

My post will be similar to what you left on mine... I have THREE lovely memories of you because I've seen you THREE times! But my favorite is the same - when we got to stay up and chat that one night. You are the friendliest, more REAL person I know and I love that about you!!!

Anonymous said...

your sister ashlee is gone, gee she is just the greatest person ever.
I know you because i have heard from our mutual high school friends that you are my biggest fan. yes, I am famous now. I dance everyday and I wish I was touring because I want to see you. well call me anytime I will come give you a personal performance.