Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Family portraits...of us!


I have to share my day today. It was an adventure to say the least. It began in the wee hours of the morning when my 6 year old woke us up in the night with the stomach flu. We were up a lot that night. So we didn't go anywhere we had planned to go that day. Then, I accidentally dropped the phone in the toilet. Yah...nice! I promise I wasn't "multitasking" while I was on the pot. I just happened to have it in my back pocket and plop it went when I flushed. Okay, too much information.

To top off the day, my 4 year old locked my 16 month old in the baby's bedroom and I couldn't figure out how to unlock the door for the life of me (our doors are old and the locks are funky) so...we got a fun little visit from the firemen who came and unlocked the door. My poor baby was pretty mad by the time we got it open and my 4 year old was lovingly, put down for a nap so that the rest of us could nap. Needless to say, it was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG day.
Okay and onto the real reason for the post, while we were in Utah, my fabulous friend Kara took our family portraits. She and I had been plotting for weeks on clothing and locations and props etc. We had too many ideas and not enough time! But I LOVE what she captured of us. Photos of us being us. Nothing too posy or traditional. Just the way I like em. This one is my all time favorite. There's more on her photo blog too.
P.S. The supercute shirts my sons are wearing are from Baby Willows (see post below).

2 comments:

Erin Stones said...

That crazy day makes me more grateful for my crazy days. I almost dropped my phone in the toilet the other day as well. Luckily, I caught just in the nick of time! Your family photos are great! We need to get ours done as well- but both my husband and I have baby weight to lose before we can let that happen. Are you having a 10 year high school reunion this year? We are and I am not ready to be this old yet! I hope that you have had better days since that last one!

JT42 said...

whoa! i would say that it was a long day for sure, so sorry-good thing those aren't considered "normal"-LOVE the family picture! she does an awesome job, they are all good!