Sunday, June 29, 2008

I tied my son to the chair...


Today my 4 year old boy has been bouncing off the walls. During dinner, I had had it so I gently tied him to the chair with my husbands belt. Now before you call CPS, hear me out.
I then proceeded to tell him that we were all at in a Spaceship and that was his seatbelt. He asked me how come no one else had a "seatbelt" (smart kid). I matter-of-factly told him it was because we had all eaten our chicken and earned a spacesuit that lets us float away from the Spaceship (aka table) and into outer space. About 2 minutes later, he had earned his spacesuit and was released from his seatbelt into "Outer Space." It worked!

Sometimes I forget to ENJOY my kids but it's moments like these that I find myself thinking that it's not everyday that my kids will be so silly and sweet and innocent. I mean, can you imagine me tying him up as a teenager and telling him that our dinner table is a spaceship??

4 comments:

Kristy said...

What a very clever Mom you are! Love that pic with the boxing gloves. :)

JT42 said...

clever! i think i will have to use some form of that next time, discipline with fun, i like it :)

Liz R. said...

what a fun idea!

Keri said...

Thats hilarious. Your so funny. i beat he totally loved it and you totally got away with having your child sit at the table. killed two birds with one stone. i agree you gotta enjoy all these sweet moments with your kids before their all grown up and gone. I would so take a picture of him in the space ship. LOL