Monday, October 20, 2008

I've been robbed.


The other day I came home and for a split second I thought I had been robbed. Then I realized that my house was just a disaster. He.he.he. (I am laughing and crying all at once)
My sister-in-law once told me that she justified her house being dirty by saying that when other moms came over, it would make them feel better about the state of their house. That's why I am posting this today...to make all you moms who think your house is a mess, know that mine is probably messier.
That picture (above) is kind of accurate except for it's BECAUSE of my hobby/business that my house is trashed. Don't get me wrong, I am not a slob. We are sanitary but I have learned to just not care. I would rather go jump on the trampoline with my kids anyday than wash the baseboards with a toothbrush. Life is just too short for that.
Oh and here's a quote that makes me feel better. "Cleaning house while kids are still growing is like shoveling snow when it's still snowing." Amen sista.

2 comments:

Da home of Reeves said...

I like that quote! That is a cute story. I will be there soon oh wait I am pretty much there being in the end of the pregancy you really don't feel like cleaning a whole lot.

melissa t. said...

that also applies to laundry! it just never ends.